a Curtain Razors Production
Created and curated by Kris Alvarez, Johanna Bundon, Terri Fidelak, Jayden Pfeifer, and Joey Tremblay
National Arts Centre English Theatre’s
Grand Acts of Theatre
Marking this Moment
Trespassers Waltz aimed to evoke the tensions of isolation and trespass which are so prevalent in Saskatchewan, where healing settler/Indigenous/newcomer/
View a short video of Trespassers Waltz.
- Rania Al-Harthi
- Skyler Anderson
- Bell Dreams: Jeff Morton and Edith Skeard
- Jay Kimball
- Night Kinistino
- Pete Kytwayhat
- Listen to Dis’ (Traci Foster, John Loeppky, Emil Schmuck, Natasha Urkow, Ammanda Zelinski)
- Barbara Meneley
- Karley Parovsky
- Janelle Pewapsconias
- Jessie Ray Short
- Misty Wensel (joined by Iftu Ahmed, Heather Cameron, Kendra Kembel, Belle Brown McEwen, Isabella Wishlow, Zenaya Semple and Judy Wensel)
Curtain Razors’ Associate Artists also contributed work:
- Kris Alvarez (joined by the Truly Unruly: Olive Crozier, Ray Crozier, Iris James, Zoe James, Lazlo Wensel Paradis, Lilla Fayant)
- Terri Fidelak
- Johanna Bundon and Jayden Pfeifer (joined by Skyler Anderson, Sarah Bergbusch, Elizabeth Curry, Raphaele Frigon, Fran Gilboy, Zoe James, Pete Kytwayhat, Aren Okemaysim, Krista Solheim and I-Ying Wu) and podcast contributions from Teddy Bison, Ben Ironstand, and Orion Paradis
- Joey Tremblay (joined by Julianna Barclay and Ben Schneider)
As the performing arts sector continues to face unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the National Arts Centre responded with Grand Acts of Theatre, an initiative to bring Canadian artists and audiences together. Eleven of Canada’s most innovative theatre companies were engaged to create and perform large-scale, new works in response to these times, which were performed outdoors in front of live audiences in various Canadian locations, filmed, and later shared online. For more information on Grand Acts of Theatre and the companies involved please visit nac-cna.ca/GrandActsofTheatre.
The National Arts Centre Foundation wishes to thank RBC Foundation as Presenting Partner of Grand Acts of Theatre.
Grand Acts of Theatre is also made possible thanks to the support from The Jenepher Hooper Fund for Theatre at the National Arts Centre Foundation, established as a result of a generous gift from the estate of Jenepher Margaret Hooper.
Curtain Razors is grateful to the National Arts Centre for their support in making this project possible. Thanks also to Munz Media and Chris Graham for photo and video documentation.